Directional signs, Wayfinding signs
Directional or wayfinding signs are made to show directions for different uses. Whether your office is hiding somewhere, or you want to show the exit to your mall customers, tell how far a certain town is, directional signs are used.
Types of materials
Any kind of material that can cross your mind, can be used for directional sign making: Aluminum, Acrylic, Wood, Gatorboard, PVC and Falconboard.
Two ways for sign making are exercised:
Printing: For printing UV curing inks are used. They are high-quality, long-lasting and not-fading inks. UV inks provide additional protective layer that makes the material even more durable. Improved gloss, better scratch and abrasion resistance – these are the main characteristics of the UV inks.
Decal sticking: Decals are very popular and handy. They are easily stuck to almost any smooth surface and provide a classy look. All you need to do is peel and stick them. They can have any image on them again being printed with UV inks.
- Aluminum directional signs: Aluminum is famous for its durability for what it is widely used both outdoors and indoors. We suggest two kinds of aluminum boards:
- aluminum sheet with strong PVC core with one glossy and one whitish surface
- aluminum sheet with thinner yet strong PVC core with one glossy and one matte surface (dibond)
Metal directional signs are weather resistant that’s why they are so much applied for outdoor usage. They can show roads, places, enters and exits and more.
- Acrylic directional signs: Acrylic is a durable and elegant material. it can be used both outside and inside. Printing and decal sticking is applied for it as well.
- Wood directional signs: wooden arrow vectors being the most popular kind of wood signs, this material is still a wonderful option for natural and more casual look lovers. They can be printed on, decal stuck and also engraved. Most common usages of woodsign are camping areas, parks, roads, outdoor wedding ceremonies, etc.
- Gatorboard directional signs: Gatorboard is a polystyrene board covered with wood-fiber veneers. Directional signs made of this material are still durable and have a neat look. Not being as durable as let’s say aluminum, they are still exercised outdoors for shorter usages and indoors for much longer usages. Btw this is truly widely applied for indoor directional signs.
- PVC directional signs: PVC, one of the mostly used plastics, is a suitable and inexpensive option for directional signs.
- Falconboard directional signs: Falcon is the choice of more natural look lovers. This lightweight and comparably soft material mostly has indoor and short-time usage.
Directional signs are the kind of signs that can be used in almost any kind of place. Indeed they can be used outdoors and indoors. The options are just uncountable:
- Exit – Big centers, especially with several exits, may seem a real labyrinth without exit signs
- Company location – If the company is not on or near a main road or in a visible place, directional sign is just a must. It will drive customers at the same time being an advertising sign as well.
- Streets – for every city it is a must to have street directional signs. They give a modern look to the city and are useful especially from the perspective of tourism
- Distance – distances of cities, companies, dangerous areas and what not are showcased by directional signs
- Real estates – open houses, sales, auctions and more can be shown with this signs
- Parking – all the drivers’ desired sign, especially if the parking is underground or another side of the building
- Emergency exit – fire and other kinds of exits are crucial for all kinds of buildings
- Restroom/ WC – place that has the highest demand, help people know where it is
- Office/bank/airport departments, terminals, gates – the places with highest possibility to get lost, a little help would never be odd
- Store – directing the customers to the store and announcing about the sales
- Rooms in hotels – a good way of saving the precious time of the workers keeping them from showing each and every customer where their rooms are
Our company provides its customers custom sizes for their signs, that is adjusting the sign sizes to their needs and requirements. Naturally enough different kinds of signs require different sizes – from small exit signs to big sale/store directionals.
Installation means of directional signs are as many as their materials. These signs can be mounted on the wall, hung, mounted on aluminum pole, wood pole. Wall mounting is done by using hems, for which special holes can be drilled on the sign. For hanging wall mount brackets, ceiling brackets, mounting hardware and other means can be used. Aluminum pole can bear on it several signs showing different directions. Signs can be attached on it by different means. Wood signs being able to show different directions at the same time can be attached to a wood pole.
Traffic signs – These are road signs that help drivers and pedestrians find their way in the space more easily and give insight on upcoming places and dangers. They should be made of durable, high quality, weather resistant materials and ensure visibility day and night.
Safety signs – These signs warn about potentially dangerous situations and give directions to escape from danger. They are mostly placed a bit far from the dangerous places to prevent people from going that far.
Site signs – Construction Site Signs draw attention to the hazards that may cause harm to people. They can show where the danger is to avoid it.
As directional signs can be made of various materials, there cannot be a general care rule for all of them. For detailed care information you can read the articles on your chosen material.
Material: Aluminum, Acrylic, Wood, Gatorboard, PVC, Falconboard
Lifespan: Depending on the material, 1-10+
Mounting: on the wall, aluminum pole, wood pole, hung
Alternatives: Traffic signs, Safety signs, Site signs
Usage: outdoor, indoor